Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Whoah!!



I apparently haven't updated my blog since 2009! I guess, that since I'm such a Facebook devotee, I sorta let the blog slip a little. And what a bonus! The blog header is a Christmas design, so I'm all good!


Busy times here, as usual. Kids, work, card making and selling etc. Never enough hours in the day.

What's happening with us? Do you have a few minutes?

I'm still working a few days each week at my "paid job" as an ICU nurse. Love it! The rest of the time, I'm working to run this little operation we call a family. Sitting at my desk making cards in whatever time is leftover. I'm also very busy trying to support my Dad, since he took over the role of full time carer to my Mum in October 2009. She had a stroke and now has an Acquired Brain Injury. It's very sad. She's no longer my "Mum" but is now a very lost and confused elderly woman. Dad needs to be there for her 24/7, and it's ageing him by the day... :-( I started selling my cards at local markets last summer, but had to stop over winter as we got too busy with the kids sports. I have recently started the market scene again, and it's very lucrative.

Steve is still working in Theatre, but is very over it. Hopefully he'll take a job with a company that is chasing him to be a sales rep. They say that a change is as good as a holiday! In his spare time he's pretty busy with our house renovations. I had no idea he could be so "handy"!!

The kids are gorgeous and growing up before our eyes! Lara starts High School next year!

Lara is nearly 12 and is such a gorgeous girl (inside and out). She will probably get braces in the next 12 months which she is looking forward to (!!). She has a wonderful group of girls as her BFF's, and I couldn't be more proud of the young woman she is becoming. She totally aced Grade 6, so I just hope that her school work ethic continues on to High School.

Jacob (the middle child) is a very stereotypical middle child! I love him to bits. He chose to not play cricket this summer, but concentrate on swimming instead. Having had no swimming lessons in his life, he made it through to the Regional Swimming Championship last summer. He did really well, and now wants to perfect his technique, so he takes "stroke correction" lessons each week. I can see that he's going to be one of those kids that spends his whole life around water. He is frightfully clever, with an, almost, photographic memory. I imagine that he'll be able to achieve anything he sets his mind to.

Oscar has had an awesome year. He's like the class clown of the family. His sense of humour has me in stitches every day. He's my baby and probably always will be, even though he's bound to start rejecting my need for cuddles any day soon. He's such a delight.

We welcomed two little dogs into our family last Christmas, and they are still a source of joy each day ( as well as a source of dismay when they dig holes in the Sir Walter turf, or pull washing off the line and rip it to bits). We all love our two little boys and can't imagine what we ever did before they came along.

So, that's about it for us right now. We are really enjoying our family unit. The kids are all very independant, which enables Steve and I to leave them home for 45 mins every evening and we go and walk the dogs. It gives us some "alone" time to reconnect and have a talk without interruptions.

I think that's us up to date! Hope 2011 finds you happy and well! xx


0 comments: