Sunday, July 1, 2007

Impressive

Impressive is my organisational skills. I just put down a deposit on the kids' Christmas present! I thought about this for them last year, but ran out of time, so I got in early this year. They, like most kids, love the trampoline. I have thus far denied them the pleasure of having one, due to having seen countless injuries as a result of trampolines in my nursing career. Two years ago, while Steve and I had a holiday in Qld, we saw the Springfree Trampoline at a shopping centre. We thought it was a great idea, as it is very safe etc. Then, yesterday, Lara went to play at a friend's house after netball. When we went to pick her up, all 5 kids spent 30 minutes jumping on the trampoline. I wouldn't usually allow that many kids, but this one had a safety net. Still those hard, dangerous springs though... So tonight, after consulting Steve, I went online and took the plunge. Very expensive, but worth the peace of mind I think. This is it...


Stupid thing saved it as blue when I "right-clicked" it... whatever!
On Saturday I was in my PJ's until 10.40am. Woo Hoo! Today I had to change earlier due to AusKick (Jacob) - he kicked two goals today. Also impressive.
Made lamb shanks in the slow cooker yesterday. To. Die. For. This is the second time I've cooked them. I think they have replaced risotto as my new fave food. I cooked Lentil soup in it today. Haven't tasted it yet, but you can't go wrong with a good red lentil soup. Surely...
Lara starred in netball yesterday. She went an hour early and played most of the game with the Grade 4's (they were down a few players). Then her usual game with her fellow Grade 3's. She was a bit disappointed as she didn't get to play in goals (her fave, and probably the best position for her - last week she shot 10 goals!!!!), however I told her that she had to accept the change around in positions. She informed me that she'd played Wing Attack for nearly 2 whole games now! LOL She's getting to be such a "miss". Ages 11 through to 20 are going to be... interesting! After speaking to friends with girls in Year 7, I can say that I am very happy to only have one girl. And I think the fact that she only has brothers saves Lara from being a bit "bitchy" as some of her friends (who only have sisters) are prone to be. I only had a sister, and I remember I was a bit of a bitch at times. Surely not me, with the halo intact??????
Have made a few more cards, and actually scrapped on Friday and today!! However, my burst of creativeness does not stretch as far as scanning them, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

1 comments:

kazy2004 said...

Can't imagine you being a bitch, never. Congratulations on the scrapping front, I am very excited for you, LOL. Your kids will be soo happy, poor deprived babies, hehe. where were you all day today, boo hoo.

Kaz