Thursday, June 28, 2007

The school holidays begin...

Woo Hoo! Here's to sleep-ins and staying in PJ's until 10am - okay, maybe lunchtime! On the downside, there will be loads more washing to do, heaps more food consumed and probably yelps of boredom by Monday! hehe


I am feeling inspired to scrap - look out! After a blitz on cards, I think I'll do a spot of scrapping tonight. I have quite the backlog of photos now. I spent the better part of an hour poring over the latest For Keeps, and it's inspired me to churn out a layout or two tonight. Perfect, as Steve is working until late. Friday nights are the best, very relaxing as there's no rush to get the kids off to bed since it's not a "school night". I hated that term when I was a kid and my parents used it regularly to deny treats etc, but now I use it all the time myself. Just one example of how I gasp when words escape my mouth that sound just like my mother. Yikes!!!


OMG! Jacob, just this very second came up to me, with all the innocence of a child and said, "Mum, you know Nathan at school? Today he taught me a swear word." Stupidly, I asked him what it was. My very sweet 6 year old (he'll be 7 next month) then uttered the words "he taught me 'fu#*ing arsehole". I was torn between thinking this was hysterically funny, but on the other hand had to remind him that we don't talk like that.


On a brighter note, here's a card I made yesterday. Trying to add some kids cards to my stock.

Thanks for looking!


love,

AnnieXX

2 comments:

Glitz said...

Just thought that I would share that you are entirely too creative! :) Have a good holiday with the kids!

- Julie aka Glitz

Annie said...

Thanks Julie!