Thursday, July 10, 2008

Latest sketch from 2 sketches 4 you

My mojo is back baby! Woo Hoo. It's horrid when you want to sit down and create something and all you get is... nothing. However, today I have been happy with each and every card I have made. This card is based on Kazan's sketch #4 over at 2 sketches 4 you blog. The adorable chipboard lasercut is from Remember When Paper Company. It has such gorgeous detail with some etching as well. Paper is Sass Lass, and the stamp is Melissa Frances.


Can I share something with you? Something completely and totally anal, which is SOOOOOO not me? It took me almost a day, but I have arranged all my Bazzil into the correct order (colour groups etc, as per the Bazzil swatch book that is like a bible). Now when I want to match cardstock to patterned paper, I pull out my swatch book, find the right shade of Bazzill, and then I know exactly where to find it. I then jot down the name of the cardstock I've used, so that next time I place an order I can replace it. I am normally the queen of random chaos, but as I get older, I am becoming more organised and ordered. Perhaps by the time I'm 70 I will no longer procrastinate over everything, and my life will run like clock work!?

Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! The color combo is great, everything just pops!! Great job on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Annie I {heart} this card. It is absolutely darling. Great job on how you interpreted the sketch.

Jacey's Mom said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combo.
Take care,
Christy

Lea L. said...

This card is so so cute! I love that bow! Great job with the sketch!

Penny said...

Totally yummy and sweet!

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Great card, love the flowers below!!xxxWendy.

Eveline said...

That's adorable. Love the colors.
Eveline.

Natasja said...

too cute....i love the flowers!!!

Natasja said...

too cute....love the flowers!!!

kazy2004 said...

Cute as a button, just like you. You are back baby!
Love Kaz

Cat Tidwell said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the bow and the flowers, awesome take on the sketch!

Daniela Dobson said...

I LOVE this!!! The color is awesome and so are those flowers. Stunning bow!

Katie said...

This is so cute! Great take on the sketch!

Katie

Lisa said...

Well, this is just the sweetest thing ever. I just adore this.

~Carla~ said...

Adorable card!! Love the bright and fun colours, and that scrumptious ribbon! Yum!

Krista B. said...

You card is adorable, I love the color combo and your flowers just pop. Love your card. Congrats on the Fab 5 : )

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous card. I love the flowers.

Angie Tieman said...

This is sooo sweet! Love the flowers and the bow with the button on top!

Tammy said...

ROFL Annie about your card stock ... Sorry.
Now you have done a gorgeous job with that laser cut the colour is so vibrant it looks like enamel!

**Nancy** said...

Cute card! Congrats on being one of the FAB 5!!!