Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tags, tags, tags!

I have a confession to make... until last month, I HATED tags. I thought they were a waste of time... wondered why you would bother... However, that opinion was formed from a scrappers point of view. I saw them as purely an embellishment for a page. Now, I can see the value in having a very pretty "gift tag" to accompany something special! The big turn around came when an Australian magazine "Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft" asked me to take part in a challenge for their Xmas issue. I gladly accepted the challenge, but then found out that the project was Christmas tags. I scratched my head for a long time and cursed etc. Eventually I came up with three tags that I adore. Obviously I can't share those particular tags until the magazine is published, but I am now a little addicted to making tags! They are perfect for using up scrap pieces of cardstock, patterned paper and ribbons.

Here are a few of my latest efforts. I am finding a hot glue gun invaluable for adhering the lumpy bumpy bits.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: