Saturday, February 9, 2008

Just rambling...

So... life has settled into a nice routine for us now that the kids are all at school. I'm loving the social side of things (morning teas, long lunches etc), embracing the "me" time (exercise, crafting) and welcoming the ability to finally get the house clean! Those little jobs that never got done previously, like the dust on the top of the door frames... the 3 years of accumulation on the ceiling fan... you get the picture. I don't know if it's the psychological aspect of knowing I have kid-free days, or the physical aspect of getting fitter, but I have more energy to get things done even when I'm not alone. I'm loving it, and honestly feel more like 27 than 37 these days. If you'd asked me how old I felt 4 years ago, I would have said "47". LOL I am reminded of a photo I saw a few years ago. A friend took it not long after Oscar was born. We had 3 kids under 3, and boy did we look hammered! We looked so old and tired. No time for sleep, hairdresser, shopping, anything... it was all about our nearly 3 year old, our 18 month old and our newborn. Yikes. How far we have come. There were times when I seriously doubted my sanity, my sobriety, and the staying power of our marriage. However, we have both made it. Copious amounts of alcohol consumed in the meantime, a few antidepressants, and many nights spent figuring out how to make it as a single mother. LOL Fast forward to 2008, and I still drink too much wine, have been free of antidepressants for many years, and can't imagine a life without my boy (although we still have our moments, like any other couple who have been married for a long time). Speaking of which, it's our 11 year anniversary next week!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Hey Annie - are you my long lost friend from JADS? I have been trying to contact you. If so, please email me through my Blogger account! If not, you still make beautiful projects!!

A-Team said...

Happy Anniversary Annie! We'll be celebrating #10 in a few months. I don't know how you survived "three under three" (oh wait, you told us: wine!) but I'm glad you did. Enjoy your "you" time. You deserve it.