Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Better late than never...

It has been so hot here. For about 5 days in a row, the temp hovered around 39 - 42 degrees C. I felt like I was melting. Today it's a positively arctic 34!

Once the heat passed, I managed to get back out to my scrapping room and start creating again. Here is a card based on a Page Map , and is Challenge 19 over at Caardvarks.



The kids have been living at the swimming pool since Christmas, which means so have I... Usually I can tee up another family to join us, so I can have some company if I choose not to swim. It sure makes the time go faster. The kids are all confident swimmers now. Oscar still needs some supervision if he's in over his head, but it's just supervision, he doesn't need any assistance these days. This ability has just emerged in the past week or so. Amazing how exposure and confidence can lead to a new skill without any formal tuition. Although this is the principal that Lara's Gym coach subscribes to.

The holidays are marching by fast, which means school is just around the corner. Yikes!!!

7 comments:

jacqui jones said...

loving that card
u r so clever with the cards

SmilynStef said...

Such a great card for this sketch ... love the glitter & lace ... thanks for joining the Caardvarks fun.

Sandy said...

Oh what for a lovely card. Wonderful.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, I've never been to your blog before, but I will be now, I adore your work!!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card

lauren bergold said...

aside from just generally being a *GORGEOUS* card, i love the clever way you have done the sentiment!!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Happy creative 2008!
Gorgeous card, love all the texture.