Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shop til you drop...

Well, we didn't exactly shop until we dropped, but rather shopped in child-free splendour ALL day!
My friend and neighbour, Maree, and I took the train to Melbourne today and trawled DFO for a few hours. We had a peaceful and decadent hot chocolate then wandered up to the mall and browsed for the next few hours. I actually was very restrained. I didn't purchase much at all, it was more about the time out, the ability to have a conversation without interruption etc. And, to finish a perfect day, I came home to find the family "out" so here I sit in a quiet and peaceful house!

The one task waiting for me is to clean all the crap off my scrapping desk. If I am to get any creating done tonight, I need to do this. I had visitors the other day, and as I cleaned the kitchen table and time ran out, I simply moved the stuff off the kitchen table to my scrapping desk. Therefore, I didn't really achieve anything. The table looks lovely, and it's more visible to visitors, but on closer inspection, my scrap space looks like a tip!!!

Okay, off to tidy up. See ya.

1 comments:

kazy2004 said...

always nice to get out of the house isn't it.
Glad you enjoyed some time away.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Cheers Karen