Thursday, November 27, 2008

2S4Y - Kazan's sketch #14

Good morning! Time is flying by so fast at the moment. I think the kids have only 3 or 4 weeks of school left until they finish for the year. Where has the year gone??

I got busy yesterday and made a card based on Kazan's sketch #14 over at 2 Sketches 4 you. I was a bit hesitant as I started, as I had the feeling that my mojo was going to desert me, but I'm happy with how the card turned out, so I think the mojo is still in the building! The card uses new MME Christmas papers. I'm so OVER Christmas cards that I couldn't bring myself to turn this into yet another one, so it's just a generic "hi"!


My two weeks of annual leave are nearly over. I haven't done anything special, just been a homebody, and enjoyed not having to think about work. It's always a bit stressful, as Steve and I juggle our rosters to ensure that one of us is always home with the kids (apart from school hours of course). We often have some clashes that require a bit of creative rostering, so it's been lovely to have a couple of weeks break. I'm not back to work until Wednesday, so I still have a few days ahead of me.

It's raining here today (YAY), so I'm planning a day of making cards and perhaps a bit of daytime TV. Kazzy, what have you done to me?? My dear friend Karen and I often chat via msn during the day, and she'll often let me know what Oprah is up to! I tuned in the other day, and then the next day... I'm really not a fan of daytime TV, so I hope it doesn't become a habit...

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Kazan Clark said...

ooh I can see why you like the sketch - your card is gorgeous. Love the swirls. I also read your list post (how fun)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Just beautiful! Love the warm colors you used!

rae said...

Fabulous card, LOVE those papers too!

Eveline said...

Lovely card.
Eveline.

**Nancy** said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the swirls!!!

Katie said...

I love this card, Annie! So well put together...it's beautiful!

Katie

Kathryn said...

Wonderful card -- love those swirls and all the other beautiful details!
Great job! :)

Amy said...

Pretty card!!

Peet said...

Congrats on the fab5, Annie! Gorgeous card!!!

evafromca said...

Fabulous card!!! Congrats on being a Fab5!!!!

rae said...

congrats on the fab5!!

Дашик said...

Congrats on the fab5, Annie! Lovely card.