Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh dear...

Old age is fast approaching. Today I bought a pair of those cheapie, one-size-fits-all magnifying glasses from Target. The lowest magnification. For a while now I've been struggling with reading. It's not that I can't read or "see" the words, but at times they all sort of swim together and it's hard to focus. So, with this in mind, I bought these granny glasses today. Guess what? They rock! The words are so crisp and clear. Perhaps my scrapping and card making will improve now too! LOL Only problem is that I feel terribly ill when I look up and focus on something in the distance. I am going to have to remember to look over the top of them, like a granny! I'm off to work tonight, so I'll let you know if it makes reading Doctor's handwriting any easier (yeah right!!! They are not magic glasses.)

Nothing to share today. It's been hot, hot, hot. It's meant to be autumn, and we're having summer weather. It's Easter in a few short weeks, and I fear that any chocolate eggs that the "Easter Bunny" has stashed away may be melting. Yikes! I haven't checked. That will learn me for being so organised.

Oh, something huge!! Well in my sad little life this is huge, and very exciting. This morning, with IM encouragement and advice from Kazzy, I gloved up and went in and cleaned my toilet. With 3 males in the house, it can get very messy and smelly. It's got me stumped how they can have this thing that enables them a lot more precision than us girls, and yet they somehow manage to spray, drip and dribble urine everywhere except the bowl... Anyway, it was pretty tough going there, and occasionally even this hardened nurse's stomach was challenged, but I now have a sparkling, non-smelly, drip-free toilet and surrounding area! I couldn't have done it without my Enjo calcium remover. I was so thrilled with the results, I lit one of my beautiful candles in there, and it now resembles a shrine! Needless to say, the boys will be urinating outside for the next little while as I enjoy the fruits of my labour.

Hope you weren't eating!! I'm off to Night Duty tonight, so I will see you all sometime on Thursday, I imagine. Usually takes me a day or so to shake off the jet lag.

0 comments: